RePLAY is a national program led by ESPN and the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) are offering Planning Grants (up to $10K) and Implementation Grants (up to $75K) to transform vacant lots into places for sports, recreation and play. Local community-based groups and other qualified organizations are eligible to apply for funding and technical assistance for early-stage projects, support of capital improvements, and to close funding gaps for projects that are in the implementation phase of projects. At the time of this writing (2021) applications are due April 30, and the four markets eligible to apply for this round are Newark, NJ, Flint, MI, Milwaukee, WI and Cincinnati, OH.
To qualify, applying organizations must meet the criteria listed below:
- Be a community based-organization serving low to moderate income neighborhoods and communities in Newark, NJ, Flint, MI, Milwaukee, WI and Cincinnati, OH
- Demonstrate accessibility of the space to local community residents, sports and/or youth groups via joint usage agreements or memorandums of understanding
- Be in existence for at least three years
- Have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status and have at least one full-time staff person (all-volunteer organizations will not be considered unless partnering with a qualifying local nonprofit)
- Have a proven track record in real estate development and parks or youth programming
Learn more, watch an informative tutorial and download a one-page summary and the RFP here.