The Learning & Development Manager is responsible for supporting the organization strategically by using knowledge of the L&D space to design, develop, and deliver an organizational learning framework that includes a variety of learning solutions to support business initiatives and provide effective learning solutions that enhance internal and external learning experiences for our various stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of a learning and development framework to support company initiatives and organizational growth, including processes for analysis, design, development, implementation, tracking, and evaluation of learning programs for continuous improvements.
- Apply adult learning theories and instructional design methodology to design, develop, and deploy a variety of learning initiatives including facilitator-led, digital learning experiences, and written content/publications that effectively align with learning objectives and ensure high quality learning experiences for participants.
- Manage the organizational strategy to build and continuously improve on a learning culture that elevates employee performance and increases customer loyalty.
- Engage instructional design processes and implement best practices to ensure the quality and consistency of multi-modality educational materials for internal and external audiences.
- Collaborate closely with cross functional team members to conceptualize educational modules and content, design, create, and deliver interactive learning solutions that target learning objectives and improve performance.
- Manage organizational development and talent management strategies and processes tailored to meet individual contributor, manager, and executive level developmental needs; including but not limited to company succession planning, leadership development, and career development programs.
- Provide leadership and oversight for all learning programs, including but not limited to the company’s new hire orientation, compliance training, job-specific training programs, leadership development programs, and external training modules through PlayCore’s Center for Outreach, Research and Education (CORE).
- Create, implement, track, and evaluate training tools and programs to efficiently and effectively transfer knowledge, information and skills.
- Collaborate and communicate with project stakeholders and subject matter experts on the analysis, design, and content development of a variety of learning programs.
- Function as a staff resource and consultant for internal education.
- Lead the ongoing evaluation of learning programs, and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Partner with internal team members and external vendors as needed in the design and delivery of learning programs.
- Facilitate virtual and instructor-led training programs as needed.
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple learning projects.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Talent Development or Organizational Development required with 5 to 7 years of management experience in a similar role.
- Certified Professional in Instructional Design and/or Learning and Performance (CPLP) highly preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively develop and deliver training programs that support business strategies and customer loyalty initiatives.
- Experience with training delivery and public speaking highly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex instructions to audiences of varying skill levels and with varying, multimodality learning preferences.
- Professional classroom and instructional presence.
- Strong time management, project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively across internal, cross-functional teams and external experts to research, develop, and align resources effectively.
- Must be self-disciplined and self-motivated with the ability and desire to increase organizational and workgroup efficiencies.
Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel, web-based application frameworks, and interactive on-line learning applications. Experience with creative applications preferred. Demonstrated proficiency with Learning Management Systems and eLearning development software.
PlayCore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.