The Corporate Tax Administrative Assistant is a member of the Corporate Accounting and Finance team. The Corporate Tax Administrative Assistant will work with the Tax Director, Tax Accountant, and the various operating business units in the coordination and timely filing of income/sales/use tax and corporate government documents. The Corporate Tax Administrative Assistant will assist in the overall processing of required tax related filings and work on special projects as instructed by the Tax Director.
- Promotes the Company’s mission and values based culture through minimizing tax costs thereby providing additional resources for PlayCore to build communities through play and recreation.
- Manage, track, and organize the corporate governance including Secretary of State Registrations, annual reports, payroll tax registrations, sales tax registrations, income tax registrations, business licenses and registering dba names.
- Maintain tax and corporate governance compliance calendar; ensure timely filing of compliance documents.
- Maintain tax records including scanning, tracking, and organizing electronic documents.
- Prepare tax payments in coordination with corporate accounting.
- Assist with input into the Avalara CertCapture Tax Exemption System.
- Assist the Tax Director as required on other tax matters, projects, and research.
- Other duties may be assigned by Director or Supervisor.
- Analytical Decision-Making
- Learning & Development
- Planning & Organizing
- Professionalism & Integrity
- Risk-Taking/Creative Thinking
- Teamwork & Relationship-Building
- Results Orientation
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree preferred but experience can be equivocated
- Five or more years’ experience in accounting, legal, or finance
Occasional travel may be required for training, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Excel, and Word; learn how to use tax research software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and be able to interact effectively with individuals ranging from company associates to government agencies.
PlayCore company, considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. PlayCore is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.